Sunday, December 16, 2012

It Was A Vacation I Won't Forget

On my first day in Paris I was lost and confused. I didn't know where I was and how to make my way around the town. I came to write and that first day was a train wreck. I had nothing. My first page lay blank but as the next 4 months rolled along it began to fill. The next day was similar to the first. Nothing popped out and I just wasn't finding what I needed to find. Thoughts of, "This isn't for me, Why am I here, Sleep.." popped into my head. For the next six days I came with an attitude to learn but left with nothing. I was back at square-one... lost and confused. Then the magic started to kick in. I left my distractions in the hotel room and began to focus on the small details. I took my time and didn't rush as much. I was starting to get the fever that was hitting the streets. The man next to me was a tourist. He was here to see the sights, take a couple of pictures but then board a plane and return home to his "normal" life. He didn't want much and every once in a while he would comment on how I was wasting my time. Paris was where I tasted hope. Paris was where I bought a journal that hasn't missed a day. Paris was where I learned how to write my emotions instead of speak. Where I learned to keep things to myself rather then tell the world. Paris is where I learned to be patient. Every morning I would awake and point to a map. The place I point was where I decided to go that day. Wandering Paris was a dream. It seemed unreal some days. Then there were days that you felt in the moment. Emotions would come from all angles. Happy, sad, confused, angry, passionate, were just a couple. Paris was an adventure.Paris was a vacation that I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment