Monday, October 8, 2012

I am going to die!

Bob...
ya...
Are you afraid of death?
ya....
Me too. There's no way out of it. You're going to die. I'm going to die. It's going to happen. What difference does it make if it's tomorrow or in eighty years? (much sooner in your case) Do you know how fast time goes? I was six like yesterday.
me too..
I am going to die.. You are going to die. WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO BE AFRAID OF?

I love the movie, What About Bob, and when we watched it in class I was kind of bummed because this is what I wanted to blog about. I did it anyways.

We are all going to die. For some it will be sooner then later. One of us might die in the next five years. Some might live until we are 105 like my great grandma. Ask yourself though, do you even want to live to be 105? What is there to do. My great-grandma leaves the house twice a week. For a hair appointment and the grocery store/library. That sounds like a pretty boring life to me. She doesn't even go to church anymore because she says it's to much of a hassle. I don't want to be 105. Maybe 90 but those last 15 years sound like hell.

What else it there to fear? Once your dead your gone. No more fear of spiders, snakes, heights, the dark. We all need to let fears go. It's ok to be afraid of some of the things I just mentioned but don't let a fear of something get in the way of chances you will regret not taking. I love the quote that says, "You will miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Always take chances. It's a part of life.

1 comment:

  1. When you die, you meet God, and then he will ask you what have you spent your life doing, and it better be something good.

    ReplyDelete