Sunday, September 30, 2012

Wolfpack

In my English 12 class our teacher assigned us to pick a biography to read. I choose a book on the legendary coach Phil Jackson. When addressing the Chicago Bulls for the first time as their new head coach he shared this quote. I think it is very cool and might take a little thinking but I thought I should share it.

Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk,
the Law runneth forward and back- 
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf,
and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.


I really like the last two lines of this poem. They hit me and just made me start thinking of my teammates and my friends. 
 It also made me think of Alan in The Hangover. "I only had one wolf in my wolf pack... but now with you two, now we have two more in the Wolf pack!" 

4 comments:

  1. That poem is baller. #consideritstolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is deep my friend:..( so glad were best friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stole the last two lines of the poem. "FOr teh strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack." Love the poem.

    And the hangover.

    ReplyDelete