Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Birthday: the day in which you where brought into this world. Yesterday one of my good friends celebrated his 18th birthday. Yep he can buy dry ice now and vote but that's about it. Nothing to big but he's getting older. The thing that got me thinking is when people kept saying, "Your a year older now." No he's not! He's a day older. A birthday is a celebration for one day. 24 hours that's it. Everyday we become one day older. We learn something new everyday and we progress in life. A birthday is just a significant day, the day you were born. I guess it's just one of my pet peeves. You don't become a year older in just one day. It's a progression throughout the year and on that one day you get to celebrate it.
At my church they say, "You've had a birthday shout hooray, we want to sing to you today. One year older and wiser too. Happy birthday to you." No no no, you are one day older. That's it.
Peace

1 comment: