Sunday, September 9, 2012

College

Today my family and I went to my grandma's house for Sunday dinner. While I was sitting at the "little kid" table with all of my younger cousins, my 6 year old cousin asked, "You're almost 18 right?" Yep I am. Then he asked, "Are you going to BYU?" That got me thinking and throughout this year all I've been hearing about is college college and college. It's right around the corner and I haven't given it any thought. I don't know if I'm just to lazy to get working on applications or if I just don't want to grow up. I'll be honest college sounds like a great time but I'm not ready yet. I still have that little kid inside of me. Sometimes I can't stand my parents but I can't even imagine moving out. It would be nice to have freedom but that also comes with a lot of responsibility. I want to stay in High School. I don't want to graduate, it's already wierd enough to think I'm a senior. Well who knows? Who honestly knows? I don't know where I want to go to college? I don't know what I want to major in? I don't want to grow up!

4 comments:

  1. That was deep. I'm on the same boat you are. I don't feel ready to make big life decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.... I never thought the day would come where it would be me heading out, yet here we are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Some days I want out of my house and other days it scares me that I am now eighteen and my childhood sped by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the same position. Everyone has my future planned out, but what about what I want? Well I have no idea what I want, college is right around the corner and I am SO not ready to give up being a kid and make big decisions about a future I will surely screw up. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete