Sunday, September 30, 2012

Watching the Clock Tik

I'm thinking about you like day thinks about night,
like dark thinks about light, 
like wrong thinks about right,
like pilots think about flight.

I'm thinking about you like Cougars think about Utes,
like veggies think about fruits,
like trees, plants, and flowers think about roots,

I am thinking about you like land thinks about the night sky,
Like little kids that believe they can fly,
like dazed students asking themselves, WHY?

I think about you like flies think about frogs,
like cats about dogs,
like runners think about going on jogs.

I am thinking about you like life thinks about DEATH,
like druggies think about meth,
like old people think about that last gasp of breathe.

I think about you like artists think about art,
like moms think about shopping at Wal-Mart,
like Steve Carroll thinks about Get Smart.

I am thinking about you like teens think about Yolo,
like awkward boys dream about not being flying solo,
like Levi thinks about saying, "Sick Bro....."

I'm thinking about you like the Universe thinks about Earth,
like Earth thinks about a newborns birth.

I'm thinking about you like two wants to be one,
like a worried father thinks about his only son,
like bullets think about being loaded into a gun, 
like all the pirates think about their rum,
like how you have so many best new friends when you pull out a pack of gum.

I'm thinking about you like rich thinks about wealth,
and poor people only care about good health.

I think about you everyday, 
in every which way,
but as I go on and on,
it seems to be fading away...

No comments:

Post a Comment